[Magdalen] One more liturgy post

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Jan 1 01:37:57 UTC 2017

In a message dated 12/31/2016 8:13:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

Light  shining in the darkness and the fact that we are called to be
bearers of that  light.

We always keep our (admittedly artificial) tree up until the Feast of  the
Purification/Candlemas/Presentation - another feast with multiple
themes and names.

February 2nd marks the official end of the Christmastide/Epiphanytide
Season.

It is also a feast associated with light, as in "a light to lighten  the
Gentiles and to be the glory of thy people, Israel."  It's too  bad
that more isn't made generally of the Blessing of the Candles and the
Candlemas itself.  That's one thing the Tridentines do well.

David S.