[Magdalen] Pause for thought

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 07:22:29 UTC 2017

We have the ancestral home of FDR and his library rolled into one, and
there are some displays regarding eleanor as well. Eleanor did not return
to that house after FDR died, preferring to live much more simply at her
former furniture factory, Valkill. From where we live, we can easily walk
to Eleanor's place.  The library and residence has a lot of land around it,
so it is a great place for reenactments and such. The fields around there
are sometimes filled with tents and military equipment of the reenactors.
WW II is very big.

As you approach the library hosting building, you'll see a little sculpture
of Fala, one of the most famous White House companions.

I am attending St. James, Hyde Park, which is essentially the estate church
of the Roosevelts.  It is a tiny church, but the parishioners have big
hearts.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford