[Magdalen] Take and read?

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 02:26:35 UTC 2017

On Sun, Jan 1, 2017 at 8:01 PM, Scott Knitter <scottknitter at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I visited a local branch of Half Price Books the other day and headed
> for "my" Religion section. Almost immediately I noticed a pristine,
> new-looking leather Bible marked "Revised Standard Version" and "With
> the Apocrypha." "Genuine Cowhide," it said on the back. The price tag
> said...wait for it...$10. And everything in the store was 20% off that
> day. I took it directly to the checkout counter. Easy decision.
>
> So I have this nice Bible and was thumbing through it, and I saw Tobit
> go by, and something told me it would be a nice thing to just read it
> from the beginning, maybe a few chapters. I had thought this was a
> longish book, but it isn't. I read the whole thing. And it's a great
> story! Encouraging and uplifting.
>
> ​One of our souvenirs from our stay in Heidelberg and its resulting
travels was from a visit to Delft. We have 4 tiles with pictorial
depictions of Biblical scenes. One is from Tobit 2:10.  "I did not know
that there were sparrows on the wall; their fresh droppings fell into my
eyes and produced white films." ​

--
P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

http//:pdanbrittain.com
<http://pdanbrittain.com>* <http://pdanbrittain.com/>*
Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles
Commissions accepted