[Magdalen] Beautiful Epiphany chant

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Jan 4 17:19:41 UTC 2017

In a message dated 1/4/2017 11:42:43 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

They  look like heck, though, in my opinion. Especially the very
stiffly starched  ones that remind me of the "sandwich board"
advertisements worn by some  guys who are paid to walk around with that
on.  :)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Oh, but these open style vestments show off the "lace to the paps"  style
albs so well!

Back in the day, the clergy of lunatic fringe Diocese of Fond du Lac
were much given to both these chasubles and to the nearly all-lace
style albs.  The long time +Fond du Lac, Brady, was always  described
at events as "Fully pontifical and lace to the paps."  I recall  his
being present at some event at Christ Church Cathedral, Eau Claire in
the presence of the Presiding Bishop.  +Brady was the person in  the
sanctuary everyone was watching, and not the other dignitaries.

David S.