[Magdalen] Beautiful Epiphany chant

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 22:35:27 UTC 2017

Shortly after I was ordained I was in a vesting room with clergy before some diocesan event. One of my friends had on an alb with an unusual band of lace around the bottom and the sleeves. I asked her where she'd gotten it, and one of our male colleagues--who was, in fact, a strong supporter of women's ordination--said, "Yes, this was one of the things against women's ordination: that we'd start having fashion shows!"

I have to say, though, that the most ornate and lacy vestments I've seen have been on men!