[Magdalen] Italian priest replaces Nativity scene after outcry over ‘burqa’ | Religion News Service

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Thu Jan 5 18:08:07 UTC 2017

On 1/5/17 11:53 AM, Lynn Ronkainen wrote:
> Yes - I wonder if any books have been written about RC nuns in the 20C
> (besides Sr. Joan C's autobiographical info) and how it was a corner of
> women's liberation of it's own sort.

Quite a bit of fiction, with the requested background and "non-fiction"
anecdotes embedded.  Several by Andrew Greeley--I can't give you titles,
I'm very bad at titles, and don't really have time to browse the Greeley
shelf of my books (I'd get stuck, sidetracked, and spend several days on
it: you might check his bibliographies on the web), as well as mentions
in a bunch of others, like Kienzle (who is all detective stories, but
pretty reliable, I think, from a priest's POV) and others.  Sorry, I'm
not into nunnish non-fiction, but I seem to vaguely remember some, but I
might be conflating with the fiction.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net