[Magdalen] Home again, home again

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 10 17:43:43 UTC 2017

After two weeks in the USA ona trip book-ended by meeting up with Lynn
and Jo I am now back home safely. Despite having been up for 19 hours
when I landed back in the UK I managed to remember how to change gear
and to drive on the left :-)  Both Jo and Lynn had expressed concern
about possible delays on the drive from Baton Rouge to Houston yesterday
but there were none. Having dropped off the rental car I arrived at the
terminal 45 minutes before I could drop off my bag. GPS took me round
the North of Houston (having nothing to do with it as the nice lady at
the Texas Welcome Center put it), coming off I-10 at Beaumont to use US
90 to Dayton then Farm Road (which sounds a lot worse than it is) 1290
to Humble.

I am very glad I have now seen some of New Orleans with Jo's leadership
but I could have done without the weather I experienced on Friday and
the ice it left in Mississippi.

Roger