[Magdalen] Prayer Request for my old friend

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 22:26:20 UTC 2017

I just heard from friends that my dear old friend Ted is in hospital,
admitted by these friends who found him in his apartment.  He had been
on the floor for a few days.  He was confused, dehydrated, and in pain.
Not being family I can't get anything out of the hospital beyond that
he's not on the hospital floor  my friends told me.

He will turn 79 shortly and is still working as a priest although he has
been going downhill badly the last while and it is all he can do to turn
up at his little church which is housed in an old folks home.  How to
physically get him from here to out west where he wants/needs to be
nearer to a son with three small children and an older sister has been a
continuing conundrum.

It's all distressing and I feel of no help at all, being at a distance
myself.  He has been a loyal friend to me.  For now all I can do is beg
your prayers for this good man who has been his own worst enemy but
deserves a better end than this.

Marion, a pilgrim