[Magdalen] Mom's 80th birthday

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Jan 11 18:45:32 UTC 2017

In a message dated 1/11/2017 12:36:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

I are  going to Michigan this weekend for my mom's
80th  birthday.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

For some reason, my mother did not have a gala 80th, but she did
summon the family for her 90th.  I was bunked in our old   bedroom
and noted that I was having a gradual worsening of my asthma during
the four day event.

Although there was no smoking inside the family home, when I woke
up one evening about 2 AM one of the evenings, I discovered my late
younger brother was sitting on the edge of his bed about 6 feet from
me, smoking.   He told me to "go to hell" when I suggested he  not
smoke in our bedroom.  I guess some relatives never change.

My mother awakened everyone to come down stairs and sing her
birthday wishes at midnight on the birthday itself.  I hadn't sung in  the
presence of my brother for 40 years, and he gave me a "look" when
he heard me sing.  It was if to say, "who put the nickel in  you?"

Funny how such memories remain.

David S.