[Magdalen] "News" conference

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 02:33:33 UTC 2017

This is the one I used in Chrome, but it also offers versions for
other browsers.

http://www.fbpurity.com/

Basically it adds an item to the top Facebook menu that just says FB,
and when you click it, a screen comes up with dozens of things you can
tweak about your Facebook feed:

- Force it to go to your newest posts on top and quit switching to Top Stories.
- Filter out posts with any string of characters you enter. I entered
all the fake news sites from that professor's list, plus the word
trump and some others. My feed is much calmer.
- Let you know when there's a change in your list of friends. But the
people it has told me have disappeared didn't unfriend me and have
reappeared the next day...a FB glitch.
- You can change the font of your whole Facebook interface, although I
decided I prefer the default.
- Just tons of other things you can fiddle with to get Facebook the
way you want it.