[Magdalen] Prayer pats - cardiology appt

cady soukup cadyasoukup at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 16:45:55 UTC 2017

Thank you -

One way to break the ice with a nurse is to have one (clean) bumblebee
(striped YELLOW AND BLACK) sock stuck in your waistband - we laughed
so hard, the EKG hardly worked!

The reason behind the unusual anxiety was heart palpitations/atrial
fibrillation, so my heart did a lovely dance for the EKG. BP 90/58.
These physical changes bring on anxiety - poor body does NOT like low
blood flow. .

Rather than putting me into the hospital right away, the cardiologist
gave me one more med to try out. I am to monitor my BP closely after
taking it. I'm due back in 2 weeks.

Eliquis bleeding risk is no more than taking aspirin, so a
reverser/blocker isn't considered necessary (according to the
cardiologist). Nevertheless, the company making it has promised a
blocker for several years. Not yet ...

Given zero swelling on my legs, general good health, and conversion of
the a-fib before being seen by the cardiologist, all made him think it
wasn't necessary to put me back into the hospital TODAY. I am "out on
good behavior" of my heart. If it behaves well, great. If it does not,
back in. Serious stuff.

Adjusting to life in the slow lane,

hugs anyway - Cady
back home & starting my work day ... surrounded by cats & dog