[Magdalen] Prayer Request for my old friend

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 13 21:20:28 UTC 2017

On 13/01/2017 15:10, Marion Thompson wrote:
> Well, I much prefer elderly to old or senior, thank you.  In any case,
> my reaction has much to do with my 78-yr-old self (?!)  not keeling
> over just yet.  In any case, isn't it just calling a spade a bloody
> shovel?  It is what it is, hardly perjorative.

A spade is not a shovel, of whatever type. They are different tools used
for different purposes, hence their different design. A spade is for
digging while a shovel is for moving coal or whatever from A to B -
hence the upturned edges which would be a hindrane in digging over a
patch of soil. ;-)

Roger