[Magdalen] bilingual puns

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 00:13:57 UTC 2017

One of the best bilingual puns I know came from my first year Spanish book.
It concerned a man who spoke no English going shopping in the men's
department of the store for hosiery and not being able to make himself
understood. Finally the clerk comes up with a package of socks and the
gentleman exclaims delightedly."Eso si que es!" And the clerk says, "Why
didn't you spell it before?"