[Magdalen] He whose name must not be mentioned

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 14:11:07 UTC 2017

I think the only place in the liturgy of The Episcopal Church in the
USA where the president's name is "required" (there's a blank for it,
and it doesn't look optional) is in the Solemn Collects on Good Friday
(p. 278). Even there, I think the name can be left out and no one will
be brought up before an ecclesiastical court for doing so...the
president will still have been prayed for even if a personal name is
not mentioned.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA