[Magdalen] Congressional Inaugural "Sick-out".

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jan 19 16:36:16 UTC 2017

I know the number's over 50 by now, and I'm only mostly certain they're all Dems.  But be that as it may....

I honestly disagree with the boycott.  I fully understand it; I just don't wholly agree with it.  Being a sucker for being "part of history", even if only via the TV screen and couch-elevated sore feet, I'd give my eye teeth to be there in person.  And these boycotters would have prime seats, no less.

And to show how much I respect and revere the office if not the office-holder as such (though he does have my "basic respect as a fellow human being", as I tell Everett), I honestly fear for him (and his wife; will she be there? I honestly don't recall any direct mention recently to her being present) and as much as it galls me, I can't wait till he's safely Oval-ed and on his hopefully only four-year journey (or less; hey, it's possible).  Why?  Security at these things is the best there is, ... but nothing's perfect.  From the moment tomorrow's affair started sinking in as something I was going to take a vacation day to be home for, two words began floating around in my head, banished as often as possible to the farthest reaches because the thought is just too crazy-making in its essence... :  "Book Depository".

Dear God, keep everybody safe.