[Magdalen] Keith's birthday list & thoughts on the Day of the Jackals

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Jan 20 18:39:29 UTC 2017

In a message dated 1/20/2017 12:51:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
petard at petard.us writes:

On  Friday, January 20, 2017 10:37:08 AM Scott Knitter wrote:
> I was awash  in tears during a documentary about FDR as they showed the
> outpouring  of love and grief across the nation at his death. He had
> truly been a  father to the whole country.

I remember the day. I was barely two. I  wondered why everyone was crying.
didn't understand what I was told  about  it.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Aoril 12, 1944.

I was in the Twin Cities of MN that day, and with my parents.  I was  7, and
remember it well.  All the radio stations were playing somber  music
(there was no television).

It was a most eerie event for a child to experience.

My parents, being the strong Republicans they were, did not have a  lot
of affection for HST, either.  Their nick-name for him during  his
Presidency was "Hairy A--".  They therefore did not find any  consolation
in the change in the Chief Executive.

David S.