[Magdalen] Prayer Service

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 17:27:15 UTC 2017

When I was in high school, a foreign exchange student lived with us. He was
a very nice gentleman from South Africa. A British subject. So whenever our
school band played "My Country 'Tis of Thee," Tim would always mumble, "The
Queen. The Queen." Tim never even saw a football before coming to the
states, but he had played rugby, and tried out for the football team, and
played varsity.  I always thought it a great tragedy that Tim lost his life
in a car accident a year or so after returning to South Africa. Such a
dynamic young man, I feel sure he would have made a difference in the world.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford