[Magdalen] Annual Meeting Prayers

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Sun Jan 22 03:15:16 UTC 2017

Prayers, certainly, Jo. I suggest you pray for yourselves during the
liturgy, and maybe for all churches having annual meetings during these
turbulent times (like Good Shepherd, Buffalo, also tomorrow). I intend to
pray that the turbulence be like the Holy Spirit over the waters of
creation, bringing life and growth and renewal.

On Sat, Jan 21, 2017 at 10:07 PM Marion Thompson <marionwhitevale at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Eeeeesh!  Prayers for your church, Jo, and also for you at what clearly
>
> is a very challenging time!
>

> Marion, a pilgrim
>

> On 1/21/2017 9:21 PM, Jo Craddock wrote:
>
> > Your prayers for St. James BR as our annual meeting occurs Sunday, are
>
> > solicited.
>

> > We're undergoing our own "Trump Effect," in my opinion, and have a
>
> > slate of candidates for vestry that, with perhaps one or two
>
> > exceptions (out of 12, for six vacancies), in comparable
>
> > credentialing, rivals that of nominees to the Trump cabinet.
>

> > I am entirely uncertain of my position surviving, or, for that matter,
>
> > my parish membership.
>

> > Thanks, and
>

> > Peace,
>
> > Jo