[Magdalen] how long have I been hanging around with you folks

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 22 12:30:33 UTC 2017

On 22/01/2017 03:11, James Oppenheimer-Crawford wrote:
> I believe we were talking about shampoo and soap.  As I was wondering, if
> you use it at all, of what possible use would it be to leave the remainder
> there?  I would assume that it would be a kindness to take your used items
> with you, but perhaps I am wrong.

On my recent trip to the USA one hotel had a notice in the bathroom
saying that soap that was left would be processed and donated to the
homeless. Personally I unwrap only one bar per hotel stay, leave
toiletries I have not touched but take the ones I have part-used. One
hotel quoted the price of a bathrobe if you wanted to take it while an
economy one said that because their towels were so popular with guests
they would assume ones that disappeared were being bought, and quoted
the prices they would charge for them.

Roger