[Magdalen] Annual Meeting Prayers

Jo Craddock jocraddock at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 01:57:34 UTC 2017

Thank you, friends. Election results were nearly as good as could be
hoped. I don't know how two of the (losing) candidates got through any
vetting...seriously...there are certain diocesan requirements that,
through their own admissions, these candidates didn't meet. I'm thankful
for the health of the parish that others saw through this, as well.

As is often the case with parishes "in transition," there are budgetary
woes and the power vacuum is sucking all sorts of ideas and options into
consideration. Our interim is (while, yes, Lynn, a charming and kind
man) very confusing to the staff. He laments the lack of staff for "a
parish of this size" on one hand, but has already released one position
to "redefine it," /and/ engage an HR firm. Rumors are rampant (not from
within the office,-- we don't know *anything* --  but those we hear from
the parish grapevine), and any, perhaps innocent, statements about who
is leaving, or not, are affecting morale.

Peace,
Jo