[Magdalen] Fourth of July Fireworks.

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 02:07:41 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 8:52 PM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen <
magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:

> In a message dated 7/5/2017 5:05:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> ann.markle at aya.yale.edu writes:
>
> Army  song was sung, "...the Army keeps rolling along," instead of  "the
> cassions." Is this an example of dumbing  down?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>

> I think the song was originally for the artillery (caissons, etc.),

​It was the official Field Artillery Song.​

> and there is the attempt now to make the song fit as an all Army  anthem.
>
> ​The wording change happened before I went on active duty​

​(June 1970 was my entry date - changed sometime before then), as David
said - to make it fit as the service song.​

--
P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

http//:pdanbrittain.com
<http://pdanbrittain.com>* <http://pdanbrittain.com/>*
Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles
Commissions accepted