[Magdalen] A new look at St. Augustine

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 13:28:10 UTC 2017

No, not the Canterbury one, the other guy. A new translation has been done,
whether it was needed or not (and for some of us it may have been!) I will
cheerfully admit that the man from Hippo is not one of my favorites,
although I'll also admit that it is likely because of his "stage mother"
Monnica, that I do not care for him...I really do not like her at all
(sorry about that!) and never have. Anyway, here is a link to an article
about the new translation
https://www.americamagazine.org/arts-culture/2017/07/05/augustine-gets-makeover-new-translation-he-hardly-needed-it
which some of you may enjoy. I might even like it.