[Magdalen] Prayer request (Kathy)

Kristin Rollins kristin at verumsolum.com
Sat Jul 15 15:40:08 UTC 2017

I'm not sure how to write about this situation, so I will just write.

Earlier this week, my mother (Kathy) was admitted to hospital. And…it
seems like this is the end. Just over five years ago, she received the
news that her cancer had returned and was given a one-year prognosis.
The passport I renewed on that trip has now expired.

I am here, hundreds of miles away, living in another country, and with
an expired passport. Our move is only partially complete, and we have
two weeks to finish getting our old place ready to be turned over. There
is no way I am traveling home any time soon.

And… there is the complications of my relationship with her. I had
always been really close to her. But… that disappeared over the last few
years. My guess is that my coming out factored into it, though she
denied that. That certainly changes the emotions I am feeling around
this.

As for Mom's condition, as well as cancer, there is necrotizing
fasciitis. Her doctor said Thursday evening that he didn't believe she
had any more than a week left, and that the only thing they can do for
her at this point is to keep her pain at bay. This morning's message was
that she is no longer eating or drinking by mouth. And that yesterday,
she did not speak to anyone, sleeping most of the time. It sounds close
enough that each time I see my a family member's name in one of my
inboxes, I am expecting it to be The News.

So prayers, please, that she moves from this life in peace and in as
little pain as possible. Prayers for my family who have gathered there.
And prayers for me, as I navigate my complicated reaction from afar.

Kristin

--
  Kristin Rollins
  kristin at verumsolum.com