[Magdalen] Pardons

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Jul 22 19:03:04 UTC 2017

In a message dated 7/22/2017 2:41:01 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ricklmashburn at gmail.com writes:

Maybe I  just don't understand but can someone be pardoned before they  are
convicted? Seems to me they would need to establish guilt first
but...IANAL!

Peace,  Rick

And they can only be pardoned for a criminal offense.

All this self-pardoning talk somehow reminds me of Napoleon
Bonaparte at his coronation at Notre Dame de Paris.  At the
crowning, he grabbed the crown from the Pope who was there
to do the duty, and placed the crown on his own head.

Self coronation.

Self pardoning?

David S.