[Magdalen] IANAP

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sat Jul 22 20:52:58 UTC 2017

I agree that the Russians probably have such information but I do not
expect them to release it. They want to keep Trump in the Oval Office.

I also agree that the current Congress is unlikely to impeach Trump
because the first stage of that would be drawing up specific Articles of
Impeachment for the House to pass before there is a trial in the Senate.
Earlier this evening I happened on the tail-end of an interview where
one of the interviewees referred to an incident (probably another tweet)
which prompted the suggestion of invoking the 25th Amendment to the
Constitution. This provides for the removal of a President who is
incapable of fulfilling their duties. The first stage is for the
Vice-President and a majority of the cabinet to decide that situation
applies.They tell the President pro tempore of the Senate (Sen Orrin
Hatch) and the Speaker of the House of representatives their decision,
whereupon the VP becomes Acting President. The President can say "But I
am fit" whereupon the same group of people as before can say "You
aren't" and refer the matter to Congress where a two-thirds majority in
both Houses can decide that he isn't fit to continue in office so the VP
continues as Acting President.

Roger