[Magdalen] prayers please for my D-I-L Christina

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 21:52:50 UTC 2017

Christina is our youngest's wife.  She is 34.  When her grandmother had
breast cancer in recent years, Christina, her mother, and both of her aunts
tested positive for the BRCA gene.  In the meantime, both of her aunts have
had cancer, one had breast ca., the other had ovarian.  Two weeks ago,
Grandmother was diagnosed with colon cancer.  The Triumvirate.  This coming
Friday, July 28th, Christina will under go bilateral mastectomy with DIEP
flap reconstruction, which uses her own tissue.  This will be a ten hour
operation...or two surgeries under one anesthesia.

That medical science has moved to this point is amazing. Christina's choice
to have this surgery sooner rather than later makes good sense.  Our son
Robert, Christina's family, and Robert's family - all support her
completely.  R&C have an incredibly bright 4 y.o. daughter, Rory, who is
well prepared that her mom will be puny for a while.

So, I bid your prayers that all will go well and as expected with this
surgery.

Thanks,
Ginga Wilder