[Magdalen] Interesting life

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 15:41:37 UTC 2017

When I was pastoring two mountain churches some years ago, I used to say that I had the most interesting life of anyone I knew. (Example: one Saturday evening I had dinner with friends where the guests included two psychologists and a cellist with the National Symphony and his artist wife; the next evening I sat with a couple in their cabin at the head of the hollow, discussing their friend in the hospital.)

Well, life continues to be very interesting. This is what my week looks like:
This afternoon I will be one of the clergy participating in the ordination of one of my spiritual directees as a Unitarian minister. Tomorrow morning  I'll be supplying at a church where I've never been before. We'll be doing the Renewal of Baptismal Vows, after which I will "sprinkle" the congregation during the singing of a hymn. (The rector has directed me to make sure they get 'really wet', so they'll remember their baptisms!)
Tomorrow evening I'll be going to a live broadcast of "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead" from the National Theater in England. Monday morning the farrier will come to give the horses a pedicure, and I'll do a service at a local nursing home in the afternoon. Tuesday night I'm going to a Joan Baez concert. Wednesday evening I'll be attending a community dinner at the local mosque to celebrate and learn about breaking the Ramadan fast.
And finally, next Saturday I'll be one of the presenters for a young woman being ordained a transitional deacon. (in the Episcopal Church!)

Thankfully, the following week will be relatively boring...