[Magdalen] prophecy/prophesy

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Jun 4 17:48:32 UTC 2017

In a message dated 6/4/2017 12:38:40 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

It's  come to my attention recently (and especially this morning)
that a large  number of people
(some of them clergy)
think these words are pronounced  the  same.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

On the subject of correct pronunciations and grammar in general,
I have a good friend who has worked in several major law firms
as a legal assistant, and has always spoken of the poor command
of the English language demonstrated by those in the legal  profession.
Without the constant policing by legal assistants, he implies most
lawyers would be hopeless poor spellers with bad grammar.

(And not that my own profession is much better;  still, one  somehow
expects lawyers to be better at the language than they seem to be).

Therefore, I have been surprised at the texts produced by another
boyhood neighbor friend.   The boyhood friend, now retired  attorney
for a big Seattle firm, turns out wonderful prose which he claims is
his own as he no longer has legal assistants.  Chalk it up, I  guess
to undergrad at Dartmouth, and Harvard Law School.  Maybe there
is something to this Ivy League mystic.

David S.