[Magdalen] The Adoration Corpus Cristi

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Jun 15 16:47:08 UTC 2017

In a message dated 6/14/2017 8:54:40 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
romanos at mindspring.com writes:

A  monstrance is a large liturgical object into which the consecrated Host
or  Blessed Sacrament is placed. It is used for the more or less regular
service  of Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament

The most ornate monstrance that I have seen was that used by
the local pastor of the FSSP Tridentine Latin parish.  He also  had
the most elaborate altar (Office) sticks, and chalice/ciborium I've
ever seen.  I don't know where the guy got all this stuff, and  we
didn't dare ask.

I will say, though, that the some 800 pound solid gold monstrance
kept at Toledo Cathedral in Spain, and carried by 8 men through
the streets on Corpus Christi, is in a category all its own.

David S.