[Magdalen] What should I ask?

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 02:30:06 UTC 2017

I'm thinking it means "misdemeanors" being in the broadest sense:
misbehaviors, perhaps not technically crimes, but nevertheless demeaning
the office of president?

Anyway, Wikipedia says "high crimes and misdemeanors" was to the Framers a
"term of art," one with a specific meaning well known to them at the time.
Here's a good look at what "high misdemeanors" meant:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_misdemeanor

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA