[Magdalen] A question for you... I am curious...

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Wed Jun 21 22:37:42 UTC 2017

On 6/20/17 7:29 AM, sheila ketler via Magdalen wrote:
>   The thing I also don't get is how they figure that Mary just went up into heaven??

Well, according to the ancient writings, she didn't "just" go up into
heaven, she died first, and then her physical body was taken up by
angels, presumably to be resurrected there so she could be reunited in
the flesh with her son, who also took his body to heaven.

The ancient writings, dated about 400 CE, telling what happened, can be
found in translation at
http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0832.htm
didn't make the cut for books of the Bible, but they were never lost as
books, and I think there may be more listed at
http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/

Interesting how this thread morphed into modern incense: in that first
reference on the Assumption, it seems as if, or implies, that nobody,
including Mary, could pray at all _without_ incense!

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net