[Magdalen] listmeet?

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 01:44:43 UTC 2017

Let me invite those who live in the Tidewater, VA area to attend the
concert presented by the alumni members of the US Training and Doctrine
Command Band (the Continental Army Band, in my day) on August 8 at Magnolia
Point on  Fort Eustis. The alumni members take the place of the active duty
band for that night and present one of the weekly concerts (with the usual
3 rehearsals Mon-Wed evenings). These weekly concerts have been happening
since at least the 1930's. It is likely that this will be the last alumni
reunion concert as the band is scheduled to be inactivated in 2018.

If you can't make it to the concert, (at least of the 7 past conductors and
about 55ast members of the band participating), my return route will be
I-64 westbound to I-81 to I-64 west again to St Louis, then on home. We
managed a listmeet 4 years ago near the junction of 81/64.

P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

http//:pdanbrittain.com
<http://pdanbrittain.com>* <http://pdanbrittain.com/>*
Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles
Commissions accepted