[Magdalen] Mardi Gras.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Mar 1 04:35:41 UTC 2017

In a message dated 2/28/2017 5:22:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

I always  tell people who complain about immigrants:
Where/what would America be  without  pizza?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Outside of metropolitan urban areas where there
were sizable Italian enclaves, pizza was unknown
to much of the USA a half a century and more ago.

This was certainly the case in the Upper Midwest
when I was young.  I had my first taste of pizza as a
college freshman in 1955.  I didn't know what it was
(as did a couple of others in my social group) but
tried it anyway.  I did not immediately like pizza.

So, I guess I'd just say that the USA largely did just
fine without widespread consumption of pizza which
has become popular only in the past 50 years.

David S.  - Who now loves pizza!  Hooray for Italians
and hooray for pizza!