[Magdalen] Fascinating article

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 20:08:56 UTC 2017

The other night we happened to watch the episode of Call the Midwife where
one of the midwives realizes her vocation is to become an Anglican nun and
one of the sisters in the order that operates Nonnatus House. It was
beautifully done (as are all the episodes...every one of them has given me
something to think about!) and quite made me tear up. it is not something
that ever appealed to me, but the oldest daughter of one of my mother's
friends in Madison actually did become an Episcopal nun.

Today this article appeared in the Madison paper about a Catholic monastery
near Madison which was established shortly before I left. It is beautifully
written, I think, and explores reasons why some of today's young women
might consider monastic life.
http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/govt-and-politics/powerhouse-of-prayer-millennials-are-drawn-to-monastic-life-in/article_81e984f2-a7ce-5e3d-b0db-9a423e818261.html