[Magdalen] Penny-pinching silliness

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 00:07:23 UTC 2017

Went to CVS/pharmacy today to pick up a bunch of items now that I had
a 20% off coupon to bring the prices down closer to what they should
be.

Rang up the stuff myself on a self-checkout and headed toward the car
realizing I had forgotten to swipe the coupon...a little voice within
said, "The coupon is why you bought the stuff now! Go back and get it
re-rung!" So I sheepishly went in and said I had stupidly forgotten
about the coupon and could they redo this?

They could not have been friendlier or more accommodating. Basically
they bought back all the items with cash and rerang it all with the
coupon and I paid with the cash. But basically I lost some advertised
discounts on some of the items and the coupon saved me only $4. I felt
silly.

At home I mapped out the complex transaction on paper because I felt
like I had ended up paying double. Nope. I had paid on the credit
card, had been given the cash and paid the cash back, so the original
payment persists, give or take about $4.

My head hurts now. I should use one of the Alka-Seltzers I bought. :)

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA