[Magdalen] Urgent prayers for Tom

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 06:53:59 UTC 2017

Dear Ginga- prayers for the hr

On Mar 4, 2017, at 5:59 PM, Ginga Wilder <gingawilder at gmail.com> wrote:

My friend Tom Riley died yesterday morning.  Since Christmas he was in ICU
at Medical University of SC most of the time.  He had myelomonocytic
leukemia, an extremely mean and nasty form of blood cancer.  He fought hard
to get off the roller coaster.  His wife Tricia never left his side...she
stayed with him in the hospital whenever he was inpatient.  He tried
chemotherapy and also a clinical trial, but in the end cancer beat him.
Our hearts are broken.

Tom was a man who followed his bliss.  He practiced denistry for 15 or so
years, then closed his practice to farm.  He was on the organizing vestry
of  Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd.

Tom was among the finest men I have ever known.  Good, honest, kind,
loving.  We will all miss him terribly.  Please pray for Tricia, their
children Smith (Natalie), Paige (Randy), Beth (Scott), and Sarah (David),
and their 10 randchildren.

We will have his funeral in Bethany Methodist Church, the church where he
was raised...our worship space seats only 100.  No way to know how many
will attend this service, but it will be a 'Summerville funeral.'  Could be
as many as 400 people.

Thank you.
Ginga Wilder