[Magdalen] Distracting oneself from POTUS - was Prayer pat / request hybrid.

Kristin Rollins kristin at verumsolum.com
Tue Mar 7 16:59:18 UTC 2017

I took Ash Wednesday as the excuse to do what I've kind of wanted to do
for a few weeks: I gave up the president for Lent.

Obviously, I can't banish all mentions of him from my life, but I'm
cutting way back. I'm intentionally avoiding live events including him.
I am temporarily deleting the few political podcasts I listen to. And I
have hidden my twitter list that shows me he and his veep's tweets, and
have set Twitter to hide from me all tweets including either of their
surnames.

I intended to be more intentional about starting a habit of reading
newspapers and/or their web sites, but have not had as much success with
that part of things.

I needed a break: I couldn't live in constant fear and anger. And I hope
that by Easter I'll have started to figure out how to stay reasonably
informed without allowing myself to be toyed with by every tweet and lie
coming from the Oval Office, its occupant, and his staff.

Kristin

--
  Kristin Rollins
  kristin at verumsolum.com
  Portsmouth, VA

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 10:31 AM, Jay Weigel wrote:
> Mike, you are not the only one with that last one. Him, his whole staff,
> and the horses they rode in on. I am trying to distract myself with other
> things.

[snip]

[snip]