[Magdalen] frozen shoulder (no Anglican content)

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 15:25:55 UTC 2017

Thanks, Y'all.  I have a long, long history with the left shoulder:  ( I
fell 8 ft off a ladder in '92, shatterred my humerus just  below the head,
had 5 surgeries and 7 years of therapy with the same hand therapist I am
seeing now.  She is so smart and curious about her patients' problems, so I
trust her almost totally.  The orthopaedist I am seeing is considered the
very best shoulder surgeon in Charleston.  He does a procedure in which he
manipulates the arm in all ranges, then he goes in arthroscopically to
clean up the mess.  He thinks this does better than simple manipulation; my
therapist thinks that is a crap shoot.  I feel so much better today after
the injections/blocks yesterday...it's hard not to think this is done, but
I know the shoulder is in a mean cycle.  With the previous break I let the
therapist and the same rheumatologist serve as 'parents' of my shoulder.  I
made the decisions with the advice of people who do not do surgery...made
sense to me.  I have entered into that same process as of yesterday.  I
have taken charge of my shoulder.

I hardly drink any more at all.  I am probably a blue because of the pain,
but I am ok.  And, I do have a relatively high pain tolerance.  It's the
right shoulder this time.  I understand that frozen shoulder is not
uncommon following a mastectomy which I had bilaterally 3 years ago.

A young woman at church has had manipulations done on both shoulders with
good results.  She cannot understand why I won't just go ahead and do it.
She's 40; I am almost 70.

Thanks again.  All shall be well.
Ginga