[Magdalen] Operation London Bridge

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 03:36:00 UTC 2017

We were in Scotland for a Crawford family reunion, and visited several
homes that used to be lived in by Crawford/Craufurd family members. One
place we visited was Dumfries House, a wonderful country house preserved
with all its contents intact. It was due to a campaign led by the Prince of
Wales, who put up about twenty million pounds toward the price to purchase
and rehabilitate the estate. It's a marvel. He had the vision to realize
that if the estate was sold at auction and the items all sold off, it would
be a terrible loss. As it is, one can walk through and see all of the items
essentially where they were in 1800.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford