[Magdalen] Lent Madness

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Mar 20 16:42:57 UTC 2017

In a message dated 3/19/2017 8:55:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

Was hear  our prayer o Lord a prescription Dr. David!
<gdr>
Lynn  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Mixed bag of Rx and Litany stuff:

Litanies don't seem especially popular these days.  For
example, I haven't heard much reference to the Anglican
"Great Litany," which has always been popular for Lent 1.
The marvelous (to me) Litany of the Saints chanted
during the Easter Vigil in Anglocatholic and Roman Catholic
churches, has been absent from the Liturgy by and large,
as well.

Re:  "Hear our prayer, O Lord," I recently read again the
history that the original meaning of the Kyrie's was more
like, "Hear our prayer, O Lord,"  and "Christ, hear our prayer,"
rather than the usual Lord/Christ have mercy.

As to prescriptions, I voluntarily placed my PA medical
license on an "active but non-practicing" basis.  Though  the
license fees and the medical education requirements are
just the same as my previous "practicing" license, I do not
have to carry insurance, and may only prescribe for myself
and family. When my Wisconsin license comes up for
renewal this December, I'll do the same.  I long ago gave
up my California license.  They have just priced themselves
out of reach.  Anyway, I'm not moving to California to practice.
Maybe in my next life.

David S.