[Magdalen] Traffic safety

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 06:56:34 UTC 2017

I have my lights on all the time, since it is believed that it makes me
more visible to oncoming traffic, and just might save my life. Seems like a
good idea. And of course I don't need to worry about turning the lights on
if it's raining on my windshield.

There's a time of day, when the light is failing, and if it's raining,
visibility just seems to go right down the toilet.  I find I have to slow
down. Of course it could also be my crappy reaction time, and poor judgment
and so forth.  Even though I am actually doing just fine, it still fills me
with some dread, considering how we will cope when i decide I can't drive
at night anymore -- or, Lord preserve us, can't drive at all.

Maybe I should brush up on my German and emigrate while I still can. The
music certainly is far and away better than here.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford