[Magdalen] Anxiety?

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Fri Mar 24 17:10:36 UTC 2017

>>>I am feeling anxious.  I have been anxious since well before the
election.  Still, I think the Republicans are well and truly screwed
whichever way things go with this vote.  If they don't vote or if they
fail to repeal the ACA, then they have failed to keep their promise to
their base.  Screwed.  If they vote and repeal and 24 million people
lose coverage, many of them the white working class people who voted
for them, then I think they are royally screwed.<<<

We really need to remember the Senate.  Even if the House passes it (and there's a slim chance they will), the margin of error in the Senate is miniscule compared to the House.  They lose 2 votes, Pence breaks the tie and makes it happen.  Lose 3 (which to date they already have), it's dead.  And since Tramp doesn't care, it'll be on to other issues.  (It's been proven he doesn't care, and in fact regrets letting it be tackled too soon into the game.)