[Magdalen] groaner

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 16:23:39 UTC 2017

I was bringing my mother-in-law back east to join a retirement community,
and we flew from Tucson to Pittsburgh. At some point afterwards, Helen was
searching her purse and came up with a little pen knife none of us had ever
seen before. "Now how did that get in there?" she wondered. After a while
it hit me that someone knew he was going to "get into trouble," and to
avoid that just dropped the knife into someone else's pocket, no doubt
giggling at the prospect of seeing an older lady wrestled to the ground by
TSA goons.

They never caught it, obviously.

Inspires confidence in our security personnel.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford