[Magdalen] groaner

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 00:02:20 UTC 2017

I was between flights at a European airport. I don't recall where, and it
really doesn't matter.  Anyway, I had not been expecting to have to go
through the checkpoint again, so I had not given it much thought. I had a
bottle of water in my rucksack.  They pulled me out of line, and sent me to
a lady who carefully removed things from my  bag until she uncovered the
bottle. No. Can't have that.
I took the bottle, took the cap off, turned it upside down (in my mouth.
I'm not a philistine) and chug-a-lugged (drank) the contents.
She sort of looked at me for a moment, obviously thought, "Well, I guess
that will work too," and sent me on my way.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford