[Magdalen] Deutsch ist besser.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Mar 26 19:48:45 UTC 2017

We did grocery shopping in a market in the downtown
area of the next city, Hazleton, PA yesterday.  We like
the store, but it is not a good area at night, and we
have therefore avoided it.

The market has a nice selection of the more esoteric
foods, and among the items we purchased was a
German import, Johannisbeeren (red current) syrup.

This brought back memories of the years we lived in
Germany, and combed the Rheingau Rhinewine area
just to the west of Frankfurt/M.  This is where the best
wine in the Rhine region is produced, even though
it is the north slope of the Main River Valley.  That
Valley and River unites with the Rhine just a few miles
to the west at Mainz.

We always arranged these weekend outings such
that we could have a meal and refreshments at the
grand old Schloss Johannisburg where our kaseplatte
(cheese plate) was taken with the Schloss' cabinet
wine, and then followed by ice cream topped with
hot red current syrup.

The view from the tables was the busy Main River
and another wonderful vineyard, Schloss Vollrads.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schloss_Vollrads

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schloss_Johannisberg

David S.