[Magdalen] Catching up a bit

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 21:51:13 UTC 2017

Sounds like a wonderful day after some weeks of challenge! Still so thrilled for the good turn your life has taken.
(((Marion)))
Lynn

On Mar 26, 2017, at 4:42 PM, Marion Thompson <marionwhitevale at gmail.com> wrote:

For most of Feb-end and March the People's Warden and I had been swallowed alive by the demands of our new status, but I think we have managed to turn off or at least control the overwhelming flow of emails that had resulted from what had become a ridiculous open government situation.

So after Church today I felt I would have a clear afternoon in which to attend a local meeting of Shape Note singers.  (Port Hope is a terrific place!)  Our Elizabeth Barlow who is entrenched in the community as a teacher, choral director, organist, and all sorts of stuff leads this and another group down the road.  She mentioned being at a convention in Chicago and I asked if she knows our Dan Brittain.  Oh, yes. ( I think he enjoys rather exalted status in this.)   Such a small world, isn't it?  Anyway, it was good fun and not a great stretch for one who sight-reads and is familiar with the style and sound even if new to trying it.

We sang from two books,  The Shenandoa Book and one with a red cover -- Sacred Harp?

And Holy Week is on the horizon.  Woo-hoo!

Marion, a pilgrim