[Magdalen] DC rumblings

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 03:32:31 UTC 2017

Yes, I've been thinking a lot lately about *my* Watergate summer (1973). I
had just finished my junior year in college and stayed on campus for the
summer working for the Admissions office giving tours to potential students
who visited campus that summer...  Hard to believe it's 44 years ago, that's
for sure. Back in the day, in the town where my university was, waaay up
north in the UP of Michigan - before Cable TV became a desire for zillions
of stations, it was a basic necessity up there to even get any reception.
Students did not bring TVs to school then (for many reasons), but each dorm
and the Student Union had 'lounges' with TVs hooked to cable. I was in and
out of the Union building several times a day and managed to hang near the
door to see what was 'the latest' in the ongoing all-day coverage of the
Watergate Hearings.  It was HUGE, I tell you, bigly.

Lynn

ps. found while personally spellchecking one of the words in  my post:

bigly - Wiktionary
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bigly
bigly (comparative more bigly, superlative most bigly). (obsolete, most
recently Scotland) Habitable, liveable; hence delightful, pleasant,
pleasing. [quotations ▽].

This was not the only one. Sigh.

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck
"Either Freedom for all or stop talking about Freedom at all" from a talk by
Richard Rohr
"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they
oppress." F Douglass