[Magdalen] stuck at the drawbridge

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue May 2 18:06:16 UTC 2017

In a message dated 5/2/2017 1:00:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mjl at ix.netcom.com writes:

A teeny  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

There are other events that can keep traffic waiting.  I spent a lot  of
time with relatives in the Twin Ports (Duluth, MN and Superior, WI)
as a child secondary to my mother's health problems.  It seemed
that we were forever being stalled waiting for one of the iron ore
trains that could go to 150 cars, or to the Interstate Swing Bridge
and the Duluth Aerial Bridge.  I remember one such wait during
which my Aunt Gladys and her husband, Uncle Ellis, were arguing
over the merits and demerits of FDR.  Gladys was pro-FDR and
Ellis was anti-FDR.  I was too young at the time to have an  opinion.

David S.