[Magdalen] Stanford appt result.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Wed May 3 03:26:55 UTC 2017

Wellllll, the doc agreed there has been much improvement, but, like me, concluded the disease is still there, underneath, currently being held at bay by the two meds I'm on.  His concern (in the vernacular, fear) is that because it's so *clearly* still there, the idea of it staying like it currently is is up for grabs (to speak technical).  So, he upped my leprosy med (I love saying that) by 1/4, from 150 mg to 200mg, and gave me the go-ahead to once again (now the open wounds are gone) try compression socks (which I've been dying to do, but only recently have seen my way clear).  I'll hit CVS tomorrow for some low level ones (10-20 mmHg).

If this plan doesn't work, it'll be time (shudder) for the bone marrow biopsy so as to determine if my body's up "for the big guns", as Doc put it.  But as he knows I'd rather jump off a tall building than have such a biopsy, we're going the upped med and sock route first.  If THAT appears to "get ahead of it" somewhat, we'll know we're most likely on the right track.

I'll say this about telling my Stanford friends about how things feel on a regular basis:  I come from a long line of "just living with it" people when it comes to pain and discomfort.  "Dull ache" and occasional nerve pain "shock" is as close as I could come to giving them some useable idea of how I feel on a daily basis.  By and large, I feel "okay", but that's obviously comparatively subjective, and hard for them to translate into useable notes in the system.  Ah well.