[Magdalen] The Civil War by Donald Trump (from Conan O'Brien)

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Wed May 3 16:51:48 UTC 2017

And this (courtesy of the New Yorker):

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—A class of fourth-grade students touring
the White House on Monday had a chance encounter with Donald Trump and were
able to answer several of his questions about the Civil War.

The students, on a field trip organized by their Bethesda, Maryland,
elementary school, happened upon Trump outside the Oval Office and “cleared
a lot of things up for him,” their teacher said.

After Trump invited the children into his office, the ten-year-olds briefed
him on the causes of the Civil War, including slavery, states’ rights, and
regional economic differences.

“It was really cool,” Tracy Klugian, who had done a diorama about the Civil
War while in third grade, said. “Someday I’ll be able to tell my kids that I
met the President and taught him about history.”

But another student in the class, Zach Dorrinson, said that his attempt to
explain the abolitionist movement to Trump was not successful.

“He needs to learn how to sit still for longer without fidgeting,” the
fourth-grader said.

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com